This position reports to the I.T. Director, and we are hoping to fill it immediately.
On a typical day, 0-50% of your time will be spent supporting all departments in the company with routine I.T. tasks: supporting users of Microsoft Office applications and the Windows desktop, processing files, replacing toner, troubleshooting connectivity for remote users, fighting malware, installing software and upgrades, administering security changes across numerous platforms, monitoring backups, managing domain user accounts, building database reports and suggesting technical solutions for users' challenges.
The rest of your time will be spent on SQL Server database administration and software development. ATEC almost exclusively uses Microsoft products in its I.T. platform: Windows Server in an Active Directory domain, Windows 10 client workstations, Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint, Dynamics GP, and several custom-made applications. The largest of those custom apps is a critical ERP solution that is continually modified and adapted to the company's needs. In its current form, it is an n-tier Windows Forms application written in C# with SQL Server as the back end. You will be maintaining this legacy application when you first start, and helping it evolve into a more modern piece of software as time allows.
Therefore, ATEC is looking for a candidate that has:
· Experience writing C# code using the Visual Studio IDE
· Strong SQL Server skills, including writing stored procedures and database management tasks such as backup and restore.
If you do not know C# and SQL Server, applying for this position would only waste your time and ours! The successful candidate would also have at least light experience with these skills:
· An understanding of Microsoft's networking foundations, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wireless Networking, Active Directory, Domains, and Group Policy.
· Thorough knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals. Must be able to build a functional PC from a collection of component parts and perform a clean install of Windows from scratch.
· Knowledge of security practices including the management of accounts and permissions across platforms; firewall basics; how certificates are managed in Windows; malware and virus fighting techniques.
Also, a viable candidate must:
· Possess nearly endless patience, and ALWAYS a helpful, positive attitude when assisting end users with their technical issues. Analyze your personality, and take this bullet point very seriously. You will not last long here if you're not nice to the end users.
· Be self-directed. When you first start at ATEC, it will take a few months for you to learn what we currently do, but once you're up to speed, we need to you take an assignment and work on it efficiently without much supervision.
· Be self-motivated. We're looking for the kind of person that loves learning about and experimenting with the newest technologies, so much so that they willingly spend their own free time learning, simply because that's what they enjoy. ATEC will definitely spend some of its resources for your ongoing training, but not all day every day. If you're the kind of person that spends an evening trying to optimize your home Wi-Fi network, or idle time reading about the newest Azure capabilities, or spends a weekend playing on the free tier of AWS because you think it's cool, then you would be successful at ATEC.